Monday, October 25

More Fall Reading

Here are a few additions to my reading list.  I actually put even more on hold at the library this week.  I've finished three from my original list and two from these new additions.  So far, the two I strongly recommend are Spiritual Direction: Wisdom for the Long Walk of Faith by Henri J. Nouwen and Just How Married Do You Want to Be?: Practicing Oneness in Marriage by Jim and Sarah Sumner. 

I'm still whittling down the Amazon wish list (and yes, Mom, I'm updating it as I read them).  The Elisa Morgan book was my newest addition to the list and it turns out that dh had it in his office.  The How People Grow book was the very first book I had added to my wishlist back in 2001 and dh's teammate just bought it for him to read.  The Ortberg book is also one that dh is reading for an upcoming TNL series.  Just as soon as he's done I'm sneaking that one away too.

I'd love to add Permission to Speak Freely: Essays and Art on Fear, Confession, and Grace by Anne Jackson to my list if anyone has a copy I can borrow. I'm working to bring her book tour to Denver, but I should probably read the book first.


Just How Married Do You Want to Be?: Practicing Oneness in MarriageHis Brain, Her Brain: How Divinely Designed Differences Can Strengthen Your MarriageShe Did What She Could (SDWSC): Five Words of Jesus That Will Change Your LifeThe Me I Want to Be: Becoming God's Best Version of YouHow People Grow: What the Bible Reveals About Personal GrowthStreams of Living Water: Celebrating the Great Traditions of Christian FaithIntroverts in the Church: Finding Our Place in an Extroverted CultureI Want to Be Left Behind: Finding Rapture Here on Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment

For two years I have had comments turned off as a discipline to write for myself. I'm seeing the other side. I just ask that you comment with grace.