Wednesday, March 9

Forty Days of Praying


Let Nothing Disturb You (30 Days With a Great Spiritual Teacher)
Last year, I tried a Lenten practice for the very first time... I took up writing for forty minutes every day.  I know most of you might think of Lent as a time to give something up for forty days, but I wasn't so moved.  And it was good.

This year -- and as it turns out, in congruence with my desire to grow into a more helpful person -- I'm taking up 40 days of praying.  For you.

Well, maybe ;-)

This little book above is a month of guided prayers for morning, throughout the day and then in the evening.  My practice is simple:  Read the morning prayer and listen.  Then read it again and identify a friend to bring before the Father and who I can share the prayer with.  And continue throughout the day and into the evening.

So, if you get an email from me with a snippet from St. Teresa's thoughts, you were the one God brought to mind that day.

And it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For two years I have had comments turned off as a discipline to write for myself. I'm seeing the other side. I just ask that you comment with grace.