Tuesday, March 24

The Prayer I've Prayed...

...since about September.

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble. May your deeds be shown to your servants, your splendor to their children. May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us -- yes, establish the work of our hands."

I can't fully express how the elements of this prayer have been answered, but it's pretty amazing.

  • We feel like the "afflicted" days have been redeemed.
  • We love telling this "splendorous" new story of God to our kids.
  • We take off on Sunday to begin the new "work of our hands."
  • And the days of love and joy and gladness... are nice.








School is out at our house for three weeks. I'm sneaking some work in so they don't totally atrophy on me but it's just a touch and we're looking forward to our field trips as we drive out to Colorado. J's friend's fourth-grade class sent us a "Flat Stanley" that we need to take pictures of with us on our adventure. So, Stanley is coming with us! Should be fun.

I'll see you again after we get there.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debra. I just tried to email you, but it bounced back with an error. Did you change your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see some Flat Stanley!! Where are the photos???

    ReplyDelete

For two years I have had comments turned off as a discipline to write for myself. I'm seeing the other side. I just ask that you comment with grace.