One of the neat things about this trip is that the boys and I studied Great Britain last year and so we are familiar with some of the sights and history of it.
- We studied the life of George Mueller and all that was happening during the Victorian era.
- We searched online for some of the more mysterious places in GB (and there are quite a few!).
- We learned that England gave us the magnifying glass, the Christmas card, the stapler, the piggy bank, the postage stamp and the television.
- We read "Daffodils" and wrote our own poetry.
- We colored maps of the area and even learned how far reaching the Victorian Empire was.
- We learned that twice as many of its people claim to be of no religion than those who claim to be Christian.
- We learned the difference between the British Isles, Great Britain and England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland.
- We put ourselves in the shoes of a Victorian servant and a 19th century coal miner.
- We learned about the life of Queen Victoria.
If I can figure out HOW, I'll try to post pictures.