1. I cannot leave the room while they are working. Because if I do anything else in any other room, it's like their focus leaves the room with me.
2. Our 3 year old will NOT take an interest in playing alone in his room unless he has to go in there to poop in his pants.
3. I cannot have ANY computer time until our work is done. Or else we won't get started again for a long time.
4. I will give them extra time to explore something if they are showing an interest. We are studying computer science and so they are learning some HTML. This requires some trial and error at the computers. I'm not pushing them through and everyone is happy...and learning.
6. I cannot say, "Let's do our last activity after lunch." It will not happen. My to-do list will simply take over my day. I just give them a snack and push through until the work is done.
What lessons are you learning or being reminded of this school year?