4th Grade Questions:
- True or False: When a cell divides it creates a new cell with the exact same instructions.
- What is genetics? A) the study of heredity b) the study of plants c) the study of animals.
- What do all animal cells need to survive? A) hydrogen b) oxygen c) nitrogen
- When a sperm enters an egg it is called a) reproduction b) fertilization c) mitosis
- Fill in the blank: Some plants like ferns and mosses produce millions of tiny ______________ that are blown by the wind to plant themselves and grow.
- What letters designate the chromosomes that determine if a baby is a girl or a boy? A) q and r b) j and k c) x and y
- True or False: Gregor Mendel discovered that some genes (like eye and hair color) will be dominant.
- What does a cell use DNA for? A) fighting germs b) making food c) getting instructions
- Which of these is not connected? A) sepal and pistil b) anther and filament c) stigma and ovary