Not the last day I was dreaming of. But we accomplished it all.
Notes to self:
- When one has a super-competitive son any kind of bean-bag tossing game in which you keep score is never fun.
- When introducing the summer calendar to the kids, never START with the item that states, "We will have media turn-off days Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays."
- When it's the last day of school, they will unexpectedly get up and get dressed and start all on their own at 7:30 a.m.!
- It's not about how much they can say back, it's the process of learning that is important. Even a "test" is a learning experience.
- Dad gets home.
- We eat spaghetti.
- We have cupcakes and certificates and "Hello, Summer" gift buckets.
- We put the baby to bed.
- We watch The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in our pjs.
- We call it a year.