Tuesday, April 22

Oh, But I Really Do Love That We're Not at the Kitchen Table


We have been trying to move to Portland for quite a while. So, finally we are in our new place (and it is not the new place that I had previously alluded to back in February).

We have a daylight basement that is half carpeted and half/tile and cement (rough space = get messy space) with a bathroom, fireplace (I'm totally thinking of cozy winter school days by the fire) and a slider out to a b.i.g. backyard. I could not have dreamed up a better place to house school stuff, let the boys have friends over (and sleepovers!), roughhouse, store the entire Anderson library, set up Hot Wheels tracks and sleep in the summertime when it's too hot upstairs. God has been good to us.

And I strong-armed my husband into buying a new dining table set (at a great deal!) for upstairs so we could take the ratty old country kitchen table and chairs downstairs and forgo having to use a wiggly card table to do school work on. If you see him soon be sure to tell him he's a really, really, really good man. It's all in the name of our kids' education, right?

So, technically we ARE still at the kitchen table, it's just not in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For two years I have had comments turned off as a discipline to write for myself. I'm seeing the other side. I just ask that you comment with grace.