- Take Chip to the airport. Wave good-bye. Sigh deeply.
- Take school slowly with the boys. The airport run will interrupt our schedule, so we’ll practice our favorite word…flexibility.
- Maintain my sense of humor, in fact, kick it up a notch.
- Send the tax info off to the tax man… who is my favorite person this time of year.
- Look for houses -- again.
On his agenda for today:
- Fly first class direct from PDX to San Diego (how is that for a vacation!)
- Giggle because his travel companions are flying stand-by and who knows when they will all actually arrive.
- Check in at the hotel and have the room and the pool to himself for a while.
- Enjoy the quiet, read, rest.
- See his mom and brother who will drive to his hotel late tonight from L.A. just to see him for an hour.
Today’s coping mechanism:
- I bought a whole box of peach black tea. Yep, I’m going with caffeine this week. Caffeine and a sense of humor. This is going to work.
Looking forward to: