Friday, February 13

Single Parent Homeschooling -- Day 5

In spite of two sick boys (I'm currently working a Cold-eze) we've had a pretty good week. Yesterday, my parents came over and brought a Valentine's celebration with them -- cupcakes, heart-shaped pizza and presents (we now have a web cam for some upcoming long-distance conversations).
We didn't suffocate under a mound of laundry (though I'm still folding it) or attract any flies from dirty dishes too long in the sink. The kids did a great job doing the right things this week and I really don't feel exhausted. I love stepping up to the plate when faced with a challenge that no one can help me with. But we do miss Chip and can't wait to have him back.

On Our Agenda Today:
  • Finish up our Tall Tale, read aloud from the Great Brain, move through more of the passion week narrative. -- doing catch up.
  • Let go of math and penmanship for the day. Yesterday was a lot. Now it just feels like busywork.
  • It's Project Day. We have a presentation on U.S. Grant to finish (if technology allows us to), train cars to build out of Legos, and an electricity project that needs to be completed.
  • Taekwon Do this afternoon.
  • Finish the laundry.
On His Agenda Today:
  • Finish up the conference.
  • Wistfully wave good-bye to the hot tub.
  • Hang out in San Diego until his flight leaves.
  • Kiss his wife.
Coping Mechanism:
  • The last day of anything can be exhausting. I'm mindful of the fact that I'm more likely to be short on patience today than on any other day. But since Chip gets in late tonight and then heads to work early in the a.m. I'm going to pretend this isn't the last day, because it isn't. Sometimes playing mind tricks with myself works pretty well.

Looking Forward To:
  • Taking the boys out to dinner.

Thanks for reading this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For two years I have had comments turned off as a discipline to write for myself. I'm seeing the other side. I just ask that you comment with grace.