Here are some thoughts that everyone there heard tonight:
- Jesus doesn't command anyone to worship but he invites them to follow and as they begin to follow they begin to worship.
- Christianity is not spread by force, but by fascination.
- Jesus didn't come to make bad people good but to bring dead people to life.
- As a peculiar people we have the opportunity to live with creativity.
- We do this (not to become somebody or create something) but so that people can taste and see that the Lord is good.
- The person who is in love with their vision for community will destroy it. But the person who is in love with the people around them will create community wherever they go. -- Boenhoeffer
Hard things for a mom to hear. Good things for a mom to do. And a better teacher/inviter I'll be.